Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Sunflower-lentil pie, muffins, and adorable radishes

Dinner was so awesome! As you might know, my books I ordered from Amazon came on Thursday, so I decided to use a recipe from one of them (Vive Le Vegan) tonight. Here's what we had:


Sunflower-Lentil Pie over shredded lettuce*, drizzled with Balsamic-Flax Dressing (both from Vive Le Vegan).
On the side is a quinoa pilaf and steamed baby arugala*. In the quinoa pilaf, there is quinoa (duh!), grated carrot, grated summer squash*, and minced lemon thyme*. I forgot to mention in yesterday's post that Rachel brought lemon thyme home. As I was mincing the lemon thyme for the pilaf, I thought to myself, this smells familiar, but I couldn't place the scent. Then as I was eating the pilaf, I placed it. All right, this is kind of bizarre, but it reminded me of a cereal, fruity punch, that I used to eat as a kid. I have no clue why, but that's what it reminded me of.



Wheat Germ Muffins

I started a recipe blog today, visit it and see my Wheat Germ Muffin recipe here. Let me know what you think!

The Daily Roundup Of Food Rachel Brought Home:
mache blend, mixed baby greens, baby spinach salad,
plain thyme, strawberries, orange and red bell peppers, broccoli, mint that had already died, romaine and butterhead lettuce, collard greens, kale, swiss chard, rutabagas, a tomato, grape tomatoes, yellow squash,
cucumbers, a moldy lemon, loads and loads of bananas, peaches and nectarines, canteloupe, field greens
and these radishes. Aren't they so adorable?



Okay, I have to go now. Bye!

No comments: