Monday, April 10, 2006

The Pics are Here! Hooray!

Here are the pictures! Yay!

The Creamy Vegetable Chowder....

Transformed into Vegetable Pot Pies

A side dish of Santa Fe Steamed Kale (with Tabasco)


Steamed Rutabaga


Sauteed Mushrooms, Garlic, and Parsley






In the produce department, today Rachel brought home: swiss chard, eggplant, red and yellow bell peppers, sprouts (the sprouts didn't smell very good, so I don't think we'll be eating them), scallions, kale, parsley, mesclun, baby arugula, papaya, and something thing else I know I'm forgetting. Oh, yeah, apples. Susan, if you're reading this, you know what that means! (My grad school sister, Susan, forgot to bring some applesauce that I made the other day back to her apartment and was bummed about missing out on it.) Rachel also brought home some Rapunzel espresso chocolate (or something like that, I didn't look to closely at it yet), some kind of Hemp powder/mix things that look really good, and some Larabars. (I've never had Larabars but I've read about them on other blogs.) Sadly, their just to chewy for my little metal mouth (read: braces). That reminds me that I have an ortho appointment next week. After my appointment I'll have to wear rubber bands again. My freedom will soon be gone. :(

Tomorrow we'll be having some kind of black bean/tropical dinner, so tune back in soon and see the pictures!

No comments: