Monday, May 15, 2006

I'm sorry I haven't blogged in a while, it's been quite hectic. On Friday we went to see my guitar teacher Rhett Tyler. We ate the leftover lasagna with a big salad. I only had to freeze 4 pieces!
On Saturday I had a flamenco lesson, and we thought about going to see a group of gamelan players at Bard College, but it was cold and rainy and we didn't feel like going out. We've seen them plenty of times before though, so it was alright with everyone. Besides, sometimes you just have to stay home.
On Sunday (hope everyone had a good mother's day, by the way) we went to Upstate Films to see not one, but two movies. We went to see Water, which is now one of my favorite movies of all time, and Brick, which was awesome.

So that was my weekend. I did make some food on Saturday, and we've been eating off the leftovers for the past couple of day, but tomorrow will bring something new......

Here are the pictures of Saturday's meal:


A platter of vegetables and pita for dipping into.......



Spiced Hummus! Yum yum, how I love hummus!



Spiced Swiss Chard (swiss chard with cilantro, parsley, onions, garlic, paprika, and cumin)



to be served over long-grain brown rice


Carrot Salad with Cumin from the Vegan Deli cookbook.

Tonight we for dinner we had millet, chickpeas, leftover swiss chard, and leftover carrot salad with cumin, and I took a picture (though it wasn't outside, because it's still cold and rainy) but blogger is now acting up (even though I just uploaded the other pictures a few minutes ago. Arrgh!) and I can't upload it.

Today Rachel brought home:
Field greens, butterhead and romaine lettuce, prepackaged baby romaine and herb salad mix, kale, leeks, apples, grapes, strawberries, raspberries, cherry tomatoes, celery, parsley, scallions, chives, oranges, eggplant, zucchini, cucumbers, a tomato, a red pepper, broccoli, potatoes, killer grapefruits (they are bigger than two oranges combined!), limes, and papaya. She also brought home some graham cracker pie crusts. I really need to get moving on using them up, because I have about five down in the pantry that need to be used up as well (Rachel brought them home a few months ago).

I guess that's all. See you later!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice! that looks like an awesome meal.