Thursday, May 04, 2006

Banana Bread

I know I've talked about my love-hate relationship with bananas before, but I hate them right now. I'm sick, sick, sick of them. As you might know, Rachel brought a whole bunch of them home yesterday, but she also brought another big bagful home today. Before she brought the bagful home today, I thought I was making progress using the bananas up. I made three banana breads today, and I was thinking I would freeze the rest of the bananas. But then she came home with the bagful, and I can't think about it anymore. I'll probably wind up making some kind of "Ice cream" with them. I have a few good recipes. Last summer, Rachel would bring home like, 80 bananas at a time, so I would have to go on banana bread baking binges. Once I think I made 6 different recipes in a day. We gave some of it away, but we also froze some. I use this recipe, and Susan loves it. I do change it however. When ever I make it plain, I use 8 bananas, 1/4 cup maple syrup, and 2 cups whole spelt flour. Sometimes I add other things, or substitute other ingredients. Everybody' s favorite is chocolate chip-coconut, but I've also done oatmeal-raisin banana bread, etc. Anyway, here are the pictures.


This is the banana bonanza bread recipe with salted roasted peanuts and raisins.


This is the basic recipe with a little bit of cocoa powder mixed in. (Rachel brought home the cocoa powder.)


This is the basic recipe. Don't mind the pieces taken out. :)


I made a vegetable soup to go with something we're having for tomorrow's dinner, but I can't tell you what it is because it's a suprise.

See ya!

Oh, if anybody has a good banana bread recipe, feel free to pass it on.

1 comment:

KleoPatra said...

I am a big banana fan, and appreciate a good banana bread!