Wednesday, April 12, 2006

The digital camera's battery was running low, so I couldn't take a picture, but tonight we had Tofu and Peanut Sauce from Cooking on the Right Side of the Brain by Vicki Rae Chelf. I got this book at the Woodstock Library sale last year, and I really love this book (and highly recommend it). I would say only about half the recipes are vegan, but it has fast and easy recipes, lots of natural dessert recipes, and gives me loads of ideas. We had the sauce with buckwheat, steamed cabbage, salad with nutritional yeast and Peppery House Dressing, and for dessert I had stewed prunes. (Rachel doesn't like buckwheat so she had hers with rice. Except I burnt the rice. It's been a long day.)

The daily roundup of food Rachel brought home:
kale, swiss chard (when does it end?), broccoli (yay!), oranges and grapefruits, scallions, parsley, leeks, avocados, and limes.

Here's what I ate today:

carrot-apple juice
oatmeal with flax oil and gomashio
ricemilk

Spanish Millet (leftover from yesterday)
Tropical "Refried" Black Beans
corn tortillas
steamed kale with lemon juice
unsweetened vanilla almond milk

Tofu and Peanut Sauce over buckwheat
steamed cabbage
salad with nutritional yeast and Peppery House Dressing
stewed prunes
unsweetened vanilla almond milk


Tomorrow is Italian Night! I just don't know what I'm going to make yet, though I do have an idea.....

Stay Tuned!

No comments: