Sunday, April 02, 2006

Bread and Puppet was great yesterday. Some times their plays are a little too long, but yesterday's show was composed of little vignettes that were hilarious. They did one little scene that was very scary (it's about the government and agriculture). I'm not going to write about it now, but I promise to write about it soon.









This weekend I made:

A mostly veganized version of Uncle Sam's in the Black Cake from Death By Chocolate Cakes by Marcel Desaulniers. (I was trying to use up some white and dark chocolate that wasn't vegan.) I didn't have any cake, but everybody else did and really liked it. The white chocolate top was a little too runny and made a little mess dribbling over the side, but other than that, it was a success. The white chocolate was Ghiardelli, but the base of the cake had Scharffen Berger cocoa powder in it, and the middle layer of the cake (made from dark chocolate,soymilk,rolled oats, and dried cranberries) had Scharffen Berger dark chocolate in it. The first picture is of sliced cake on a plate. Originally I wanted to make this on April 15th, (for tax day), but I soon realized that was the day we would be having our Easter meal, complete with a nice springtime cake. Although for some people I know (hello, Susan) this wouldn't be a problem, I didn't want to overload everyone's system with two cakes. That, and the fact that my white chocolate ganache for truffles I was going to make didn't quite set up the way I had hoped, made me make the cake this weekend.

Leek and White Bean Soup. This is the middle picture, shown with some peasant sourdough bread spread with Earth Balance and some Bread Herbs for Dipping (from The Passionate Vegetarian).

BBQ Seitan. This is the last picture, shown with spelt rolls, sauteed kale and garlic with lemon juice, and ricemilk.

I also made some melty chedda cheeze from Dairy Free and Delicious, some Tasty Topping from Ecological Cooking, and premade dinner for tomorrow. (All I have to do is bake it.) What is it? You'll just have to come back and see!

Make sure you check out the sidebar everyone! I'm adding links that I love and blogs that I'm obsessed with. What can I say, blogs are addicting. :O

Bye!

No comments: