Saturday, January 06, 2007

Yes, I'm Still Alive. Really.

So yeah, I haven't died or anything (although I did have a cold about a month ago). The past 4 months (has it really been that long since I've blogged?) have been super hectic because I was in a theater class and we were putting on a show, so that meant lots o' rehearsals. Plus, I'm working at the cafe full time now doing prep work, washing dishes, running to the bank, delivering to-go meals within walking distance, running around like a mad woman, and tidying up after we close. On top of that there have been guitar lessons, flamenco lessons, independent movies, contra and swing dances, music performances to see, etc. It was actually a little too much for me, and while I was still cooking, I just couldn't find the time or muster up the energy to blog. I made a kick-arse New Year's Eve meal, but sadly the lighting was horrible when I took the pictures, so I would be too ashamed to post them. The dessert did include an awesome tapioca pudding though. Mmm Hmm, vegan tapioca pudding. Who would'a thunk it? (I believe it was from The Millenium Cookbook, I'll have to double check if you really want to know.) Anyhoo, I hope you all had Happy Holidays!

Here's a catch-up of what's going on in my life:

* My aforementioned full-time job

* My guitar teacher's letting me record a CD at his studio, and I'm super excited about it!
Here are the song's I'm going to be recording (singing on most and playing the guitar on all):
1) The House Of The Rising Sun (rock/blues)
2) Texas Flood (blues)
3) Dust My Broom (slide guitar/blues)
4) A fusion combination we came up with (a morph of different fusion pieces)
5) A country picking piece
6) A country blues piece
7) Blowin' Down This Old Dusty Road (a Woody Guthrie folk song)
8) Blue Bossa (jazz)

*My mom left her job with a Hospice program and found another job

*Susan got a job working at a bank (she's starting out as a teller, but they told her since she has an MBA she'll move up rather quickly)

*Rachel's still working at the health food store, and yes, she's still bringing home veggies and other random stuff

*Dad's working in NYC and coming home on weekends, as he has been for a while

Life is content (except for those moments when we all want to kill each other).

What's new with everyone else?

18 comments:

Fiber said...

First time to the site, but it looks awesome. I loved your food roundup on the previous post!

madeinalaska said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
madeinalaska said...

Wow.. You are back... and from the sounds of it busier then ever;)
I look forward to your most awesome 2007 year filled w/posts, health and happiness!
Happy New Year..
Take care

Julee

Anonymous said...

how is it possible that you fit so much into your life? I don't know how you do it! Great to see you back.

urban vegan said...

welcome back. congrats on your CD recording opp--cool!

Dori said...

Glad to see you back and healthy. I agree about the CD recording - wow!

Nikk said...

A CD? That's fantastic!

Jennifer C. said...

Good to have you back. That is so cool...your own CD. Wow!

Harmonia said...

WOW! Sounds like you have a lot going on! Congrats! Neat new pic in the sidebar, too!

Mindy T. said...

Your cooking exploits sound just amazing. I would have had some of that tofu horseradish sauce, for sure! Happy 2007...

http://mindycooks.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

So glad your back. I've missed your inspiring food pictures and hearing about your life.

The CD sounds really cool. Is it possible to put tracks on your blog?

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're still alive! Although, you sound very busy. I hope you find time to keep posting.

arcadian~beauty said...

hi! first time to your site, as I'm just starting this healthy way of living. Sounds like you're really busy. It also looks like you're an awesome cook! :o)

KleoPatra said...

How are things going?!!?!?

How is the music thing shaping up for you?!

Jen said...

I'm so impressed! You're doing sooo much--it's really great. Good luck with the CD :-)

KleoPatra said...

Where are you!?!?

KleoPatra said...

Come back!?!?!?

B said...

Glad to see you back... nice to know I'm not the only blogger coming out of a long hiatus!