Sunday, April 30, 2006

Sunday food

Yesterday we went to see Rachel's piano teacher give a performance. I was going to make hummus wraps for dinner but the hummus was spoiled. (Rachel brought it home.) So I just had a big main course salad with roasted peppers, steamed broccoli, grated carrot, chickpeas, and balsamic-maple dressing and leftover focaccia. I didn't have enough time to take a picture, but it looked really pretty. Yesterday morning I made more oatmeal bars, this time using strawberry nectar (Rachel brought it home), chopped dates, and pecans. I love coming up with combinations! Next time I think I'll use lemon nectar with dried blueberries and almonds.

Anyway, here's what we had for dinner today:

Steamed green beans, Carrot salad with cumin (from Vegan Deli), oven-roasted zucchini, and brown basmati rice with lentils and swiss chard. I'm so excited because this picture is the clearest one I've taken yet!


Today I made:

Spelt bread (it's so good). I think I'm getting the knack of baking breads because
I had some difficulty with the recipe but I went by feel and it turned out great.
Rachel and I both had carrot apple juice this morning, and with the leftover carrot pulp I decided to make
"tuna" salad for tomorrow's lunch. I got the idea of using carrot pulp from a raw foods cookbook, but I just made the salad up in my head as I went along. It has in it: carrot pulp, canola mayonnaise (we got it for free from another health food store we frequent), minced celery, minced onion, kelp granules, and black pepper. Darn, as I write this I'm remembering that I wanted to put parsley in it. Oh well. The salad will be eaten on the bread, of course.

To go on the side, I made:



Two-Bean Salad (again, I just made this up in my head).
It has steamed green beans, canned kidney beans (from Rachel), sliced shallot, and Lemon-Tamari Dressing.

That's all. :)

1 comment:

Harmonia said...

Everything looks so good!