Thursday, April 20, 2006

My Achy Breaky Teeth and Other Random Stuff

Well, I'm a little grumpy right now because my teeth and gums are really sore. ( I went to the orthodontist today.) He always tells me I can take Advil, but I don't like using medication if I don't have to, especially for piddly stuff like this. I have to wear rubber bands again (I was wearing them for a while, then got to stop, and now the're on again).

In other news, it's time for The Daily Roundup of Food Rachel Brought Home:

Yesterday she brought home some kale, parsley, and fingerling potatoes!

Today she brought home :
kale, swiss chard, collards, parsley, cilantro, bananas, a papaya, lettuce, a tomato, and two apples.

I'll probably make banana bread tomorrow, because Rachel brought a lot home this week, and another health food store we frequent (they give us expired food and old produce, too) gave us some rottenish bananas. Yes, Susan, it will have chocolate chips and coconut. Seriously, my sister Susan is a banana bread fiend. :) I have a love/hate relationship with bananas. When Rachel brings them home, I get sick of them, but when she doesn't bring them home for a long time, I feel like eating one. Weird, huh? Of course, I'm a little scarred from last summer when she would bring home 80 overripe bananas at a time and I would have to scramble to make banana bread. I think one day I made 6 batches of banana bread. Moving on.......

I'm trying a new recipe out for this contest! I'll post a picture tomorrow. If all goes well, meaning if my family thinks it tastes good (I can't eat it because it's crunchy), then I'm going to enter it in the contest. We'll see.

Right now my neighbor is in Los Angelos for her son's graduation from grad school (check out his awesome website here.) You may wonder why I'm telling you this, but I get to watch her cat Taz while she's gone. Taz is one sweet cat!

That's all for now.

No comments: